Monday 8 June 2015

Multi-period Analysis of EURUSD

As I promised, here it is the analysis of EURUSD. I wanted to do a special analysis this time. I don´t know if the audience of this blog do intra-day trading or they use a different timing. If you are interested in something special, you should write a comment. I will be happy to help you.

What has happened these days?

As you know, our rate went down on Friday. The oustanding US figures and the new Greek proposal drove down the EURUSD. But today the rate has covered the gap that was created by the US Non Farm Payrolls. Also Germany has released good figures in the morning:
            -German Exports 1.9% instead of 0.1% expected
            -German Imports worse than expected -1.3%
            -German Industrial Production (MoM) 0.9% vs 0.5% expected
            -German Trade Balance 22.3B vs 19.4B expected

EURUSD daily

The article of EURUSD was ok but a bit short, I mean, it could be more detailed. I can't upload the spreadsheet. I only do this blog because I love  Financial Markets. I would like to upload even more analysis. Maybe I will do in the future, because right now I look for the data on Internet. If I had a special platform, it would be different, but step by step.

EURUSD Daily with some technical indicators

This chart show the evolution of the EURUSD. The technical indicators that appear in the chart are:
        -EMA (20, 50, 100, 200)
        -Stochastic 
        -ADX
I like the Exponential Moving Averages because they fit better than other kind of moving averages. If the price brokes one of the biggest moving averages, it will be a big movement. In my humble opinion it's good to have mind the moving averages.
The stochatic is a momentum indicator that shows the location of the close relative to the high-low range over a set number of periods. I really like the stochastic, if you are a day trader it can be useful.
The Average Directional Index measures the trend strength without regard the trend direction. It's useful to determine the direction and strength of the trend.
A lot of people follow MACD, RSI ... if you are interested in these indicators I would be happy to explain them. Personally I don't use technical indicators, but they are useful to make a point of view. If you use more than one indicator, you will trade less. If you add more indicators you are incrementing the degress of freedom, it means that you have less probability to get the signal to trade. If you prefer to use some indicators, I recommend you to backtest your strategy. Like I'm always saying it's better to have all the things in mind.

Where is the EURUSD going?

Like I wrote in one of my last articles. I think that the EUR should weaken versus the USD. The causes are:
         1º The upcoming rise in the US interest rates.
         2º The European QE should weaken the EUR.
         3º The doubts about Greece.
         4º The outstanding US employment data.

If you like technical analysis I see a triangle that it could drive this rate down.

EURUSD Daily triangle

EURUSD Daily triangle

We have to look every day because if the 1.14624 is broken this rate will go up.

Multi-Period Analysis of EURUSD

Let me show you the study I've done. I've compared the daily data, 4 hours data, 1 hour data and 30 minutes data.

Daily 4 Hours 1 Hour 30 Min
Min Yield -2,73% -1,43% -1,18% -1,12%
Max Yield 3,44% 1,39% 0,95% 1,15%
Range 6,17% 2,82% 2,13% 2,27%
Intervals 28 28 28 28
intervals var 0,22% 0,10% 0,08% 0,08%
Mean -0,0030% -0,0060% -0,0035% 0,0008%
Variance 0,0034% 0,0004% 0,0002% 0,0002%
Std Deviation 0,5858% 0,2061% 0,1567% 0,1254%
Variation Coef -0,0050 -0,0290 -0,0223 0,0062
Asymetric Coef 0,0553 -0,0428 0,0117 0,2095
kurtosis 2,7918 8,5480 6,4267 11,3306
Excess of kurtosis -0,2082 5,5480 3,4267 8,3306

This table shows the summary of the data. As we can see all the means are around 0. The standard deviation increments because in long periods the price moves more. One of the most important statistical figure is the excess of kurtosis because it measures the the excess of data that are in the tails. In order to do that we should do the kurtosis minus 3. As we can see in 30min period study there are a lot of outliers.



I hope you have enjoyed this article. I am open to receive questions and suggestions.
































 



 





















 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for participating in fxandfixedincometradring.blogspot.com

8th day small profit that helps me to keep going in the competition

After a successful week and most importantly from recovering almost $6k, I wanted to consolidate my positive results. My desire was to b...