Sunday 19 April 2020

8th day small profit that helps me to keep going in the competition



After a successful week and most importantly from recovering almost $6k, I wanted to consolidate my positive results. My desire was to build up the account to be able to deal with possible drawdowns.


6B 06/20 day chart
6B 06/20 future























Monday was a very quiet day in comparison with the previous days. The British Pound jumped 
almost 50 pips early in the morning but after that, the USD recover its strength. This changed again after midday when the price started to rise again.


6B 06/20 13/04/2020
6B 06/20 trade chart

I realized that I had a notification. My algo bought 5 lots during a retracement. In the beginning, it went against me, but it quickly recovered. It didn’t make a big movement but was more than enough to finish the day with a small profit. I personally don’t like to take positions at that time on the day because the algo closes the positions around 17:00. To be honest, it doesn’t matter if I like it or not, what I need to do is check that it’s statistically significant.  


Profit and new account balance



Trade 13/04/2020
Trade 13/04/2020

As I said, it was a small profit, but these kinds of days help to build up the account. The maximum adverse excursion was small. The algo closed the position close to the maximum favorable excursion which I’m very happy about. I have the feeling that I’m leaving a lot of money on the table. I am allowed to make one change in the algo during the competition and I’m seriously considering adding a take profit. These will reduce the time in which the algo maintains positions open and more importantly it will secure profits. On the other hand, it won’t let the profits run as much this is why I need to carefully check before I implement the change.


Account balance and realized PnL
Account balance and realized PnL


The account balance at the end of the day was $1003468.75. Even if it’s not real money, I feel very well because the algo is behaving as I expected and it’s able to recover from drawdowns.

Thanks for reading this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for participating in fxandfixedincometradring.blogspot.com

8th day small profit that helps me to keep going in the competition

After a successful week and most importantly from recovering almost $6k, I wanted to consolidate my positive results. My desire was to b...