Sunday 12 April 2020

Day 5, Profit after a hard day


The 5th day was a positive day. It was the first day in which the algo was triggered in Euro FX future, known as 6E in CME. Until this moment, the algo was executing orders only in the British Pound futures. Let’s have a look at both instruments:

Euro FX

The algo performed very well showing its real purpose. It entered long in a retracement and luckily after that, the Euro went up. It was a very directional day.

6E 06/20 

 
As you can see there were only 2 moments in the day in which the position was losing money.


Orders 6E 06/20

The final profit was $1657.50. 


British Pound

As I said before this currency cross has been recently quite volatile in comparison with the Euro/USD. I believe that the news has a bigger impact on this instrument.

6B 06/20


I was looking at the different parameters when the notification popped up on my screen. At that moment, I had a feeling that this trade couldn’t end up in profit. I saw the P&L falling continuously for an hour. After that, the price went up to the point in which I entered. I felt a little relieved but I knew that it won’t last. It dropped again making a double bottom. Even if I don’t believe or follow the charts, I had a little belief that maybe the price will go up again breaking the confirmation line. I was right. The price went from 1.2292 to 1.2395. As soon as the US trading session started, the USD raised versus other currencies. This pair plunged to 1.2303 from the maximum of the day. I believe that after a big movement the prices always revert to their mean but we need to be careful in the current situation. I was lucky because the price recovered more or less 60% of the last downside movement and at that time, my algo closed the position making a small profit.


Trade 6B 06/20


As you can see the MAE shows that at 1 point I was losing more than $1400. We can also see a big MFE showing almost $1800, that was reached after the double bottom. Sadly, as you know, even if it’s not real money, the final profit was far from the MFE. This is why the End Trading Drawdown shows up as $1373.75 the difference between the maximum favorable excursion and the final profit.


Final Profit


The final result was $2127.50. I was happy to have this profit after the losses from the previous week.

Thanks for reading this post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for participating in fxandfixedincometradring.blogspot.com

8th day small profit that helps me to keep going in the competition

After a successful week and most importantly from recovering almost $6k, I wanted to consolidate my positive results. My desire was to b...